Vote for Mary Louise Stowe in 2014!It has been my greatest pleasure to serve as your representative on the Madison County Board of Education for the past eight years. I take the trust you placed in me seriously and have worked diligently to help make Madison County schools safe places where students are engaged in learning at all levels.
While serving as District 3 Representative, I have made myself available to talk with the people of my district about their concerns via e-mail, phone, and face-to-face meetings. By communicating with one another and working together, we have been able to accomplish much.
Currently, I am the only educator serving as a Board member. Having a diverse Board is important, but it is equally important to have someone who is familiar with educational instruction and school operations to help make the board more effective.
Elect me as your District 3 School Board Representative on November 4 and I pledge to continue working hand in hand with you to make our District 3 schools and the schools across Madison County strong educational sites where students are being prepared for careers, college, and life in the 21st Century.
Please read the information below and click the tabs at the top of my site to learn more about me, District 3, and voter registration.
ML Stowe’s Experienced Leadership
• Taught 27 years in public schools.
• Served 8 years as a school trustee.
• Coached MCHS cheerleaders for 9 years.
• Served 2 terms as president of Madison County Council of PTAs.
• Served 8 years on the Madison County School Board. (President 2 terms. Vice President 3 terms.)
• Served on the Madison County Schools’ District Accreditation Committee.
• Master School Board Certification through Alabama Association of School Boards (AASB).
• Currently serving on the AASB’s Multi-Cultural Committee and Leader to Leader Political Group.
ML Stowe Working for District 3 and our Madison County Schools
• District 3 boasts: 2 Blue Ribbon schools, 2 CLAS Banner schools, and 3 Leader in Me schools.
• System’s graduation rate up 10% from prior year and 6% above the state average.
• System’s dropout rate decreased from 10% to 4%.
• Helped secure Advanced Placement Courses for MCHS and NHHS.
• Worked with County Commission to secure $55.7 million from BRAC.
• Worked to help secure $19.5 million for District 3 to improve schools.
• Supported hiring Schneider Electric to save $40 million over 20 years and reduce utility costs 30%.
• Supported partnering with ADTRAN to save $800,000 for an updated communication package.
On November 4 vote Mary Louise Stowe for Madison County School Board. She is an experienced leader who puts students first!